Dr. Serner is a Physiotherapist and Clinical Research Scientist from Denmark. He has been a member of the Sports Groin Pain Centre since he joined Aspetar in Dec 2012, and works both clinically and scientifically. Dr. Serner has his primary interest in football injuries and groin pain specifically. He recently completed at PhD in Clinical Research with a thesis on the diagnosis of acute groin injuries in athletes.
• PhD in Clinical Research – University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 2017.
• MSc in Medical Sciences (Sports Sciences/Sports Medicine) – Lund University, Sweden, 2012.
• BSc in Physiotherapy – Metropolitan University College, Copenhagen, Denmark, 2009.
• Post Graduate Researcher & Physiotherapist, Aspetar Sports Groin Pain Centre, 2012-2016.
• Physiotherapist, FC Copenhagen School of Excellence, Copenhagen, Denmark, 2011-2012.
• Physiotherapist, Vanløse I.F. Football club, Copenhagen, Denmark, 2008-2012.
• Editorial board member, Dansk Sportsmedicin (Danish Sports Medicine Journal), 2010-2012.
• Consultant Physiotherapist, Sundhedsordningen.dk, Copenhagen, Denmark, 2010-2012.
• Research Assistant, Sports Orthopaedic Research Centre, Amager Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark, 2009-2012.
• Independent Physiotherapist, Strandvejens Physiotherapy, Copenhagen, Denmark, 2009-2010.
• Personal trainer, Hildrum Physiotherapy, Copenhagen, Denmark, 2008-2009.
Acute adductor injuries in athletes – from pre - injury to return to sport