Professor (Musculoskeletal Disorders), National Research Centre for the Working Environment, Lersø Parkalle 105, DK-2100. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone +45 3916 5319. Adjunct Professor, Dept. of Health Science and Technology, Aalborg University, Denmark
Obtained 26 mio Dkr (14 mio Dkr as main applicant) in the last five years from The National Labour Market Authority,
The Danish Working Environment Authority, The Danish Working Environment Research Fund (Arbejdsmiljøforskningsfonden), The Children’s Heart Fund, The Danish Rheumatism Association, The Danish Heart Foundation, Danish Agency for Science, Regional research council of Southern Denmark, Novo Nordisk, The Danish Independent Research Council (Det Frie Forskningsråd)
Leader of research groups
Last 5 years, leader for research groups of 3 to 10 employees, including project planning, administration of grants, quarterly reporting to grant providers, and steering committee work in projects and research programs, e.g.:
1) ‘Potential for prevention of back injuries during patient handling at hospitals’ (Epidemiological study)
2) ‘Participatory intervention for improved use of lifting devices at Danish hospitals’ (Workplace intervention)
3) ‘Influence of physical and psychosocial work environment through work-life and individual resources in mid-life for maintaining labor market participation among senior workers’ (Epidemiological study)
4) ‘The healthy and safe construction of the Fehmarn Belt Tunnel’ (Research program)
5) ‘Implementation of physical exercise at the workplace (IRMA)’ (Research program with 8 workplace interventions, one exercise evaluation study, and one study on methodological development),
6) ‘Participatory intervention to reduce physical risk factors in the construction industry’ (Workplace intervention)
7) ‘Work life and diabetes – risk factors, protective factors and consequences’ (Epidemiological study),
8) ‘Workplace adjusted intelligent physical exercise for prevention and treatment of neck/shoulder pain (VIMS)’ (Two workplace interventions),
9) ‘Validation of self-rated physical exertion at Danish workplaces’, (Observational study with self-reports and objective measures during the workday),
10) ‘Working-age adults with acquired brain injury – Rehabilitation, functional capacity and return to work’ (Epidemiological study),
Lead Guest Editor of the special Issue ‘High-Intensity Physical Training in the Treatment of Chronic Diseases and Disorders’ in Biomed Research International. Lead Guest Editor of the special Issue ‘Workplace Health Promotion and Wellbeing’ in the Scientific World Journal. Associate editor for BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders.
Committees, referee panels, boards
Danish Standards Foundation (Ergonomics). Referee panel for 1) FORTE (Forskningsrådet för hälsa, arbetsliv och välfärd)(2015), 2) the Research Opportunities Program – Ontario Ministry of Labour (2015), 3) funding initiative ‘Research Network on Musculoskeletal Diseases’, German Ministry of Education and Research (2013), 4) Swiss National Science Foundation. Steering committee of MSD-research at NRCWE (Research program on musculoskeletal disorders)(2010- ). Thera-Band Research Advisory Committee (TRAC) (2010- )
Mentorship and teaching
Supervised 31 bachelor students, 10 master students, and 8 PhD students. 2-4 times a year invited lecture at PhD and Master courses at University of Southern Denmark and Institute of Exercise and Sports Sciences, University of Copenhagen.
Leader of NIVA course ‘Physical Exercise at the Workplace’. Head of Scientific Committee at the international conference ‘Wellbeing at Work’ in Copenhagen 2014 with 350 participants. Coordinator of Dagstuhl Perspectives Workshop 14272 ‘Exploring Interdisciplinary Grand Challenges in ICT Design to Support Proactive Health and Wellbeing’ in Wadern, Germany 2015. Invited speaker at 22 international conferences since 2007.
Original articles with peer-review: 200 (first author: 47, senior author: 93). Since 2012: 146